FLYER FOR NATIONAL SCIENCE DAY CELEBRATION     |      UG Ex students Extended date of fee submission is 04.02.2024 till 5 PM     |      UG 2nd and 3rd year Regular students Last date of fee submission is 31.01.2024 till 2 PM     |      Enrollment is open for 700 plus courses on NPTEL for January-April 2024     |      Smartphone distribution under Digi Shakti Scheme     |      Inviting E-Tender: Supply and fixing of kota stone on veranda floor in old commerce building, CMP Degree College latest by by 29 January 2024     |      छात्रवृत्ति से संबंधित आवश्यक सूचना     |      Hostel facility is available for Girls.     |     

History of CMP

History of CMP

Chaudhary Mahadeo Prasad Degree College, commonly known as CMP Degree College, is one of the biggest constituent colleges of University of Allahabad. It is one of the premier co-education institutes of Prayagraj imparting quality education in Arts, Science, Commerce and Law catering to the needs of 15000 students per year coming from Prayagraj and adjoining areas also from nearby states.

The college firmly believes that education is essential for personal enlightenment and political freedom. Hence, the mission of the college is to provide quality education to enhance all-round intellectual, physical, moral and spiritual development of students. It promotes commitment among student for social upliftment and human values. The college provides under-graduate education in the stream of Arts, Commerce, Science and Law. The college has infrastructure facilities like Library, Gymnasium, Cafeteria, Conference room Auditorium, Lecture theatres, Museum, Botanical Garden, Playground, Health Centre, Computer centre etc.The college has NSS and NCC (Girls) schemes for the students. Gender Sensitization Cell, Career Counselling Cell, Anti-ragging Cell, RTI Cell, Alumni Association, ICT Cell, IQAC Cell, Proctorial Board, Dean Students’ Welfare Committee, Grievance Redressal Cell, Development Committee, Athletic Association and other bodies are working towards quality education. time to time college organizes various environmental activities, Green campus drive, health care activities and  value based education focussing ont he crosscutting issues in the society.

The College laverages with modern pedagogy for teaching and learning with ICT tools and has well developed ICT system with wi-fi facility in the campus, along with self developed integrated website with Online admission portal, CMPlive and LMS portal, and Recruitment portal enabling administrative efficacy and a distingutshed position among all the constituent colleges of University of Allahabad.

Establishment of the College: The founder of the College Chaudhary Babu Mahadeo Prasad was a great visionary, philanthropist and patriot, he firmly believed that education is essential for personal enlightenment and political freedom. He has donated Rs One lakh in 1914 for the esatblishment of a higer education institute of eminence. One of the significant provisions of this ‘Will’ was that fifty percent of the income generated from his assets will be spent on education of the poor.  From Rs. 1 lakh so provided in the ‘Will’, the CMP Degree College was established in the year 1950 and is under the governance of Kayastha Pathshala which is Asia’s biggest Society.

Journey of CMP Degree College: 

The college began its B.Sc. program in 1950 at K.P. Intermediate College. In 1953, it moved to its current location at the Agra Jamindar Association’s Building on Mahatma Gandhi Marg, George Town, Allahabad. It officially became a Degree College with Arts and Science faculties in 1955. The inaugural Principal was Sri Babu Ram Saxena, followed by Sri Madhav Prasad, Dr. D.R. Bhattacharya, Sri J.Sen, Dr. Satya Prakash Srivastava, and Sri R.K. Sur. In 1957, a new era began for C.M.P. Degree College when Sri J.P. Srivastava took over as Principal. The college was then struggling due to limited resources and support. In the same year, with support from the U.P. Government and Pandit Kamalapati Tripathi, the Education Minister, the college hostel was established.

The first Prime Minister Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru inaugurated the Sampoornand Hostel in 1957. In the same year, the old Zamindar Association Hall was converted into the college library and reading hall, surrounded by greenery and overlooking the playground. Besides the main campus, the college also has separate campuses for the Commerce and Law faculties located at Kamla Nehru Road.

In 1963-64, separate arrangements were made for female students. In 1976, girls’ education was moved to a new building at 4, Kamla Nehru Road. B.Sc. (Bio.) classes for girls, along with complete members and laboratories, began in 1982. Due to continuous staff retirements and no new appointments from the University of Allahabad, the girl students were relocated to the Main Wing of the College in 2010.

To accommodate the growth in science education and the influx of students, separate buildings for the Botany and Zoology departments, equipped with well-planned laboratories, lecture halls, seminar rooms, and a Museum, were constructed in 1976. The college’s structural development continued with the laying of the foundation stone for a spacious Auditorium with a seating capacity for 1500 persons in 1976. The Auditorium, now known as Dr. Pyarelal Auditorium after an upgrade in 2021, adds grandeur to the functions held therein.

The Law Faculty was added to the college in 1972. Initially housed in the old Zamindar Association building, the faculty eventually moved to a separate independent campus at 4, Kamla Nehru Road in January 1990.

The Faculty of Commerce began in 1976 at the main campus but has recently shifted to a separate campus at 4 Kamla Nehru Road to accommodate the growing number of students and research. The College now offers undergraduate teaching in four faculties: Arts, Science, Commerce, and Law, serving approximately 15,000 students.

The College became a Constituent College of the University of Allahabad on July 14, 2005. In 2015-16, the University of Allahabad, under the guidance of Prof. Rattan Lal Hangloo, Vice-Chancellor, decided to introduce Post Graduate Courses in all its constituent colleges. After statutory clearance, the university allowed post-graduation from the session 2016-17 in various disciplines. In 2016, the college also received permission to start new courses, including Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA), and Certificate in Computer Concepts (CCC from NIELIT). Additionally, a new UG course in Defence Studies and a one-year diploma course in Theatre were started from the session 2017-18. Research accreditation was granted to the college in the session 2019-2020, with approximately 250 Ph.D. scholars enrolled across 17 departments.

Connect with us on :

Send your comments/feedback

cmpdc1@gmail.com